Teaching Philosophy

As I continue to keep growing through the Education Department here at Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI), I  see myself becoming more and more like a teacher each day. Therefore, I have to become a teacher with some unique ideas and strategies on different ways of teaching. I want to be the great teacher. I think the key of becoming a great teacher is having my own ideas and thoughts on teaching. It is my belief with a proper education being provide, the students will receive the vital skills and tools that are necessary to build up a successful life in the future. I also belief that every students deserve a proper education in order to get the best chance in their life. I  belief that everyone have a different opinions about the techniques in teaching, but it is our own personal beliefs that help us become the teacher we want to be.

My motivation for teaching is to not have my students make the same mistakes that I had made in school. I also want my students to not hating the subject that I teach. I want them to have fun in my classes and understand about what I teach. I know that every students have a different potential in understanding new knowledge. Therefore, I willing to help those students that need my help. When I become a teacher, I want to make sure my students get the best education and leave my class with fully prepared for what is next for them. Some of teaching strategies that I would use in order to make every student active in the classroom is I would speaks and give lectures in my classroom and then will be continue with the activities. I will assign them to do activities in the classroom to test their level of understanding. Obviously, the activities will be both way either individual or grouping.

Furthermore, I would also prepare measurable learning objectives to make sure that the students have a clear understanding for each of the learning goals which offers them a guideline in their learning process. In addition, I want my students be in an inclusive and friendly learning environment. Instead of being a strict teacher, I will be a facilitator. My classroom will be one of control, and not one with a strict code of order. I feel that if a teacher being too strict in classes, students will be given less respect. I will create a type of democracy in which everyone will have a voice in their educational curriculum. I believe that teachers should be fair and operate on the same level and receive as much as they give.

Comments